Psychological trauma or learning problems are the main causes of a student’s lack of interest in learning. However, sometimes the root of the problem may simply because the teachers don’t create enough motivation for students. Motivation cannot eliminate all problems. But it will be a solution that can prevent many problems that students and teachers encountering in the classroom.

Here are five ways teacher can use to create motivation for students in the classroom.

1. Design clear “destinations” to increase motivation for students.

Teachers cannot expect a strong source of momentum if students do not know what the ultimate goal they need to achieve. It is important that each time the teacher begins a lesson or chapter in a subject, he or she should give the specific goals that students will need to achieve.

Create a clear goal will help student have more motivation in class.

This technique can also be used if the lessons relates to life problems. For example, at the end of lesson about currency, the teacher hopes that the students can add up exactly the big sums of money. By creating a shop in the classroom and providing small items such as eraser, pencils, etc. students can buy it if they add up the exact amount given by the teacher. In addition, teacher should give students the opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and the “destinations” that motivate their learning.

Teacher should focus on progress to create motivation for students in class.

Another way to motivate students is to build and maintain a growth mindset. If the teacher makes the requirements too high for the current level or the student’s age, it will make the students feel pressured and unable to achieve their goals.

Teacher should set smaller goals and focus on whether the student will achieve them or not. By this way, students will find many chances of succeeding at this goal and staying motivated throughout the learning process. Each student has their own finish line and reaching it is an improvement.

To create motivation for students, teacher should give rewards and recognition to students.

Some students are strongly motivated by rewards or recognition. One commonly used method is to create a reward system in the classroom. Teachers can design class rewards, but students tend to be more motivated if rewards are based on individual progress or achievement. Depending on the type of reward, there will be different levels of interest based on the student’s interests.

Put on each student’s desk a small chart to track the positive behaviors you want to reward (good attitude, high performance, progress). The awarding can be for all students, a small group or a specific student that the teacher is targeting.

Give students the praise and recognition despite their smallest progress.

While the rewards can be very appealing and realistic, the recognition and praise can go beyond that. Many students expect only praise and recognition from teachers and parents. . Recognition of achievement will give students great motivation to continue moving forward and successfully completing their goals.

Teacher should find out students’ interests.

This is the method of digging into the “gold mine” of the internal motivation. When the subject focused on the student’s interests, teacher can create motivation for students easily. So the teacher can find out some of the student’s interests who are having difficulty finding motivation.

Moreover, teacher can combine lessons with student interests by applying “The Multiple Intelligences theory“. In this way, learning will excite them, not force or put pressure on them.

Develop positive and meaningful relationships with students.

All of the ideas listed above can help teachers motivate students for a long time. However, teachers need to build and develop meaningful relationships with students. To motivate their students, teachers need to know what really attracts them. How can the teacher know a student’s interests without actually getting to know them?

Teacher should develop positive and meaningful relationships with students.

Love from a teacher can form and grow motivation within each student. When students know their teachers care and want them to succeed, they also respond. From there, students will adore their teachers and schools. Therefore, they will be motivated to do their best!

Reprogam Subconscious

Reprogam Subconscious” is an amazing upcoming product of Alan Ai Voice Lab company. This application helps people a lot in self-development. It will help us learn while sleeping (dreamy brain waves) and arouse strong daily energies through sight and hearing.

27 thoughts on “5 ways to create motivation for students in the classroom.

1. Pingback: 6 tips to increase motivation for students when studying online. - ALAN AI VOICE LAB

2. our web hosting says:

I absolutely love your site.. Excellent colors & theme.
    Did you build this website yourself? Please reply back as I’m hoping to create my very own site
    and want to know where you got this from or exactly what the theme is
    named. Appreciate it!

3. t.co says:

Hi there! I understand this is kind of off-topic however
    I needed to ask. Does managing a well-established blog such as yours require a
    large amount of work? I’m completely new to running a blog however I do write in my journal
    every day. I’d like to start a blog so I can easily share my own experience and feelings online.
    Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers.
    Thankyou!

4. t.co says:

The other day, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iPad and tested to see if it can survive a thirty foot drop, just
    so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
    I know this is totally off topic but I had
    to share it with someone!

5. off asmr says:

An intriguing discussion is worth comment. There’s no doubt that
    that you need to write more on this issue, it may not be a taboo subject but usually
    people do not speak about such issues. To the next! Cheers!!

6. scoliosis surgery the says:

Simply want to say your article is as astounding.

The clarity on your publish is just spectacular and i can suppose you are knowledgeable in this subject.

Well with your permission allow me to clutch your
    RSS feed to stay up to date with approaching post. Thanks
    a million and please continue the rewarding work.

7. asmr is says:

I do trust all of the ideas you have offered in your
    post. They’re really convincing and can definitely work.
    Still, the posts are very short for novices. Could you please prolong them a little from next time?
    Thank you for the post.

8. asmr when says:

You actually make it appear really easy with your presentation however I to find this matter to be actually something which I feel I might by no means understand.
    It kind of feels too complicated and extremely extensive for me.
    I am having a look ahead in your subsequent publish, I’ll try to get the dangle of it!

9. this scoliosis surgery says:

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide
    credit and sources back to your website? My blog site is
    in the exact same area of interest as yours and my users would genuinely
    benefit from a lot of the information you provide here.
    Please let me know if this ok with you. Cheers!

10. quest bars an says:

Excellent post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I am inspired!
    Very useful information specifically the remaining section :
    ) I handle such information much. I was looking for this particular information for a long time.
    Thanks and good luck. quest bars http://bit.ly/3jZgEA2 quest
    bars

11. http://www.iherb.com/ says:

Hi there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re working with?
    I’m looking to start my own blog soon but I’m having a difficult time making
    a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and
    Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique.
    P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!
    quest bars https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=quest%20bars quest
    bars

12. tinyurl.com says:

It’s perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy.
    I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things
    or suggestions. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I wish to read more things about it! ps4 https://j.mp/3z5HwTp ps4

13. http://j.mp/3yWVlmR says:

I think everything wrote made a ton of sense. But, what about this?
    suppose you were to create a awesome post title? I mean, I
    don’t wish to tell you how to run your blog, however suppose
    you added a post title that grabbed people’s attention? I
    mean 5 ways to create motivation for students in the classroom.
    – ALAN AI VOICE LAB is kinda plain. You could glance at Yahoo’s front page and watch how they create post titles to grab viewers interested.

You might try adding a video or a related pic or two to
    grab readers excited about what you’ve written. Just my opinion, it would bring your posts a little livelier.

scoliosis surgery https://0401mm.tumblr.com/ scoliosis surgery

14. http://j.mp says:

Undeniably believe that that you said. Your favourite reason appeared
    to be at the net the easiest factor to take into account of.
    I say to you, I definitely get irked while other folks consider
    concerns that they just do not know about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and
    also outlined out the whole thing with no need side effect , other folks can take
    a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you cheap flights http://1704milesapart.tumblr.com/ cheap flights